Thursday, February 10, 2011

Learning

Don't you just love it when the kids have home economics?!
Well... Briar has the cooking end of it this trimester and
they have to make 4 things at home and have it signed off by one of his parents.
Can I just say WHAT A TASK!!!!!
My boy is good at many things,
BUT......
there are a few things that are nightmareish , insanity driven , entertaining to TRY and teach him.
Cooking is one of them.
We decided to try a Yummy peanut butter treat that has many measuring steps,
but no baking except melting the chocolate. 
(which I decided I better do for him.)lol
He struggled quite a bit but Aaron, Taylor and I where there to help him through.
And..
They turned out pretty darn good.

Here are a few pics. of his work.



Yes... he is TEXTING on the other side of that bowl.



Yes.. he pulled many faces and found the humor in his learning.


And..
Yes he had to also do the clean up as part of his assignment.

Only 3 more cooking assignments to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, Yesterday was my sweet baby sisters Birthday.
So Izzy and I got her Birthday stuff made and gathered and ran to get her new favorite drink from sonic,
before going to see her.
Izzy had lots of fun making her own special card.

 Yes.. monkey is still always at her side.
and often had to check her work. lol


Way cute right!?!
She is doing so well with her writing and art work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Taylor came home the last 2 days very sore from softball, they have been SLIDING.
She has bruises on her knees and hip bones, and burns on her hands. :(
But.. she is loving every minute of it. and is getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment