Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Last week was Cloe's {K} field trip.
And her teacher had asked me and the other moms that have been volunteering all year to come along. 
Of coarse I was happy to get to go.
BUT.......
Can I just say right now that I was sooooo glad I didn't have to ride the bus over.
Now, I will explain why.
Between the 4 {K} classes there were 81 kids.
Holy crap!!!!
The bus was at full capacity with the 81 kids and 3 teachers.
Cloe liked the bus ride but it made her tummy feel a little weird. 
Almost causing her to throw up.
She was kinda glad that she got to ride home with me.
Anyways, our first stop was at the American West Heritage Center for baby animal days.
I was in charge of 4 very cute little girls.
And then we combined a little for our tour.
So we had 10 kids total and 4 adults.
I must say we got a great group.
We were informed once we were there that we were 20 minutes early.
Soooooo......
 they got to run around and get pics. while we waited.
fun right?!
and here is that outcome.
 my 4
 Cloe and the other 6 in our group
 
Cloe and 2 of her cute little friends 

They had so much fun getting to make their rounds to learn about many of the different farm animals and what their purposes on the farm were.
Cloe enjoyed the experience not shying away from any of the opportunities offered up.
 *
our 1st stop was to see the pony.
2nd stop was to see the baby ducks.
 {this one was very shy}
3rd was the baby chicks.
 {Cloe said he fell asleep in her hands}
4th stop was the bunny and he was a cutie.
then we were off to see the baby lambs.
 Next door were the baby goats.
 and who could forget the cute little piggies.
{we learned how to say dirty pig in sign language}
and yes, me and Cloe have had some fun with that. ;)
 we ended our tour at the baby calves.
{it was to dark in the barn for a pic.}
BUT.......
I think this is better anyways. 
After petting the calves they got to learn about what they eat.
and then they all got to taste a piece of the dried corn.
Nope.... not something Cloe wants in her diet.
they were all so cute and had so much fun.
*
The second part of our trip was to Willow park for lunch and a little playing before they got to see more animals up close.
During this part they got to see an Owl. Parrot and a Snake.
The field trip was a success.... no one was injured or forgotten.
O YEAH
 and.......
They made Fox 13 news.
{they were filming at Willow Park when we got there so they got some shots of the kids}
And that is Cloe {K} field trip!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment