Saturday, July 7, 2012

coats of many colors

painting, painting and MORE painting.

It all started in Briars room 
{lots of help}
:)







Just needs new bedding and updated pics. and its all done.

then......
it was on to Tay's room 
{not so much help this time}
:(

OOOPS!!!!
{apparently the paint wasn't completely dry when we hung her head board}


 
  resulting in my pathetic fix it story.
K so Tay and I start removing everything {on our own}and when we tried to remove her headboard no matter how careful we were it was gonna make a mess.
and as you can see it did.
Sooo I called Aaron in a panic because I have no more paint this color to do a patch job. 
{I didn't wanna wait for Aaron or the right way to fix it}
resulting in a funny.... ok maybe not so funny....
who am I kidding Tay and I had many laughs over how we fixed the problem.
see we found some super glue, paint in the garage that was super close to hers, and a plan for disguise.
so..... after laughing, gluing my fingers to the wall, and some paint, and our stripes planed just right.
 we managed to disguise our not so right fix it job.
Besides the headboard was goin back in the same spot.
AFTER it dryed COMPLETELY.




after many hours and 2 coats
we got this.
only a few more minor projects and it will be done.












Our last painting project was helping to paint Great Grandma & Grandpa Clawsons well.




 And with every drop of paint,
roll of color,
laugh
and...
mishap
new memories were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment