Monday, June 27, 2011

Ouch...........

So... 
Our latest incident happened Wednesday around 6:30.
We dropped Briar off at a party around 6:00 and were headed on a walk/ bike ride with Iz when I got a phone call from a mom saying that Briar had attempted a back flip off their tramp and was hurt pretty bad, and needed stitches.
Would I like her to meet us at the E.R.? 
Aaron said no we will go pick him up and see how bad it really is.
Cloe is like her mommy and freaks out a little sometimes.
When we got there I couldn't pull her screaming body out of the truck,
so... I left her there to go check  on Briar. 
Yup... I headed back out to the truck. 
It was a little more than I was ready for.
It was split clear to the bone, and wide.
Aaron wrapped it up and we headed to the clinic after hours, after 45 minutes or so, Aaron comes to tell me we needed to head to the E.R. that the people at the clinic were only certified to do minor stitches. and this wasn't minor. 
GREAT! 
So.... we head to the E.R. 
Aaron and Briar head back and Iz and I finished up paper work and tried to find someone to go pick Tay up from Softball prac. 
Thank heavens for moms. And I have the BEST!
She went and got Tay and then came and sat with us while we waited for Briar. 
Aaron came out often to keep us up to speed.
Once they started getting it all cleaned up, they noticed how close to the tendon the cut was and did all the checks to make sure it hadn't been damaged, before they started with the stitching. 
There were a few interruptions with calls for the Doc. 
which meant some play time for the boys. 
While sitting there waiting, Briar heard some beeping noises and asked Aaron what they were?  
Aaron decided to have some fun with him and said that it was him.
His heart stopped! 
And he was gonna die! 
Of coarse Briar freaked out, 
and started patting at his chest to then realize he wasn't hooked up to anything. {lol}
They also messed with the nurse a little during her questions. 
She asked Aaron if Briar had any other medical problems? 
He said besides brain damage and an overload of testosterone? 
She didn't think he was very funny. 
I guess she doesn't get his sense of humor.
Anyways once the doctor came back and started stitching it took
3 stitches in the bottom layer, 4 in the middle layer and 13 to close it up. 20 all together.
And a nurse who thinks my husband is not very sympathetic or nice.
Sooo.......
here are a few gory pics that were snagged.



Aaron used his Knife to show long it actually was.
I'm glad they didn't get any pics of it all cleaned up. 
I think these are bad enough. I don't wanna see the bone and tendons.
So, now he has a long easy going {boring} in his words recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment