In tradition, last night we took the kids Christmas shopping for each other and Aaron and I.
It took Hours at Walmart !!! But.... We got it all done, and they were way excited about what they picked out for each other.
So... we ran home and got them all wrapped up and under the tree. All was well, until Cloe realized we hadn't gotten anything for her monkey. Aaron tried to tell her that his gift was that he had bought him for her and gave him a home. No such luck with that. Cloe wanted me to buy him 3 real bananas, I got her to settle for her fake fruit out of her kitchen set. Cloe hurried up stairs and wrapped them and put them under the tree for monkey. Now... Everyone is happy!!
As everyone knows, Cloe has a one of a kind personality that is so hard to get mad at. In fact we often find ourselves trying not to laugh at her when we should be getting upset with her.
She is very protective, opinionated, loving, hilarious and surprising.
Here are a few of her latest:
*
*
Saturday we were telling her that Briars friend Cooper was actually her cousin. * Her response, "Huh! What is wrong with this world?" it seems that everyone is somehow related to her and she is amazed.
*
We went to Wingers for lunch yesterday, and she ordered a quesadilla. she took one bite and thought it was the dipping sauce she tried that made it nasty, so she dipped it in Ranch.
Nope, still nasty.
So while she is telling me that she doesn't know what is wrong with this place,and that they have nasty quesadillas the waiter pokes his head around the booth. OOPS! hehe!
Aaron tells her to eat her dinner, or he won't ever take her out to dinner again. She responds with " then I'll walk there."
Cloe looked at me, and says
"why didn't you tell her mine is nasty?"
I know it sounds really bratty, but it was actually really funny to watch because she isn't bratty about it she is more comic about it.
So while she is telling me that she doesn't know what is wrong with this place,and that they have nasty quesadillas the waiter pokes his head around the booth. OOPS! hehe!
Aaron tells her to eat her dinner, or he won't ever take her out to dinner again. She responds with " then I'll walk there."
(we are trying hard not to laugh)
He then tells her to listen and eat her dinner. She responds with "That's your rules not mine." (meaning, I really don't have to.)
So if that's not enough, the manager lady comes walking by and asks how everything tastes, and I respond with good.Cloe looked at me, and says
"why didn't you tell her mine is nasty?"
I know it sounds really bratty, but it was actually really funny to watch because she isn't bratty about it she is more comic about it.
She gets it from her Daddy!
Briar and I were also launching popcorn to each other off a spoon to catch. I did pretty good at launching them to all the kids. But.. When Briar tried to launch one to me, he flipped the spoon at me instead and hit me in the head. I know, bad example in a restaurant.
but funny!
but funny!
*
Cloe has been a JOY to have in our family and makes us complete!
She has a little of all of us in her so she is never alone in thought or deed!
*
Keep Calm
and
Smile On!
No comments:
Post a Comment